Skip to content
Rules and Conditions
- The competition is a Level 3 Licensed Meet, held under ASA Laws and Regulations, ASA Technical Rules of Racing and to the ASA Open Meet Licensing Criteria.
- All entrants must be Category 2 ASA, SASA, WASA members.
- Level 3 Licensed Open Meet times achieved can be used for entry into County and Regional competitions.
- Entry is initially first come first served. However, to comply with licensed meet timings we may still have to reduce the entries to individual events. Initially the 400m freestyle will be limited to a maximum of 3 heats. Full reimbursement of fees shall be made in respect of these events.
- Competitor’s ages shall be as at 14th October 2018.
- All entry times must be from Short Course times and must meet the qualifying times stated. Entries will not be accepted where an entry time: exceeds the upper limit; not submitted; or submitted as N/T (No Time).
- Entry fees will be £4.00 per event. Coach passes must be pre-ordered and will be £15.00 (with food/drinks) and £10.00 (without). No Coach passes will be issued on the day.
- All clubs who have more than 5 swimmers entering this competition must submit their entries electronically through the club by the specified date and accepted by the promoters for an entry to be valid. The Sportsystem entry files will be sent to each club and is available here.
Payments details are;
Cheques made payable to Diss Otters Swimming Club,
Name: Diss Otters Swimming Club.Ref: OPEN/[club name].
- Age Groups 9 years, 10 years, 11 years, 12 years, 13 years, 14 years, 15-16 years, 17 and over
- The heats for each event will combine all age groups, events will be seeded and the last heat will be spearheaded slowest to fastest, based on entry time submitted.
- All events are heat declared winners.
- No entries on the day will be accepted unless agreed with the Promoter.
- Closing date for entries is Monday 17thSeptember 2018.
- Accepted entries will be published on dissotters.co.uk approx 2 weeks prior to the competition. It is the club/swimmers responsibility to check this list for accuracy.
- Eight Lane, 25m short course racing pool, electronic timing and display. The depth of the pool is 1.8m.
- Withdrawals procedure: It is the responsibility of the club to advise the gala organisers if they have swimmers not swimming either before the day of the meet in writing or via e-mail or on the day by completing a withdrawal form before the warm up for the relevant session starts. This will prevent the gala running with empty lanes. Any deviations from this condition may only be at the discretion of the lead referee and/or the promoter
- Competitors MUST report to the Competitors Steward TWO EVENTS BEFORE THE START OF ANY EVENT they may be in, or TEN MINUTES BEFORE THE START of the first event of any session
- Over the top starts may be used at the referee’s discretion. In the event of a faulty/false start swimmers should perform a safe entry and not fall into the water
- It is the responsibility of all clubs and coaches to ensure that swimmers are competent to the standard of the ASA Competitive Start Award. Swimmers may start in the water but must inform the relevant official before the start of the race
- AWARDS will be made for the first three places in each age group and will be available for collection throughout the meet from the awards desk
- Result sheets will be available for coaches and swimmers on poolside
- Swimmers will be asked to place bags in the lockers provided in the changing areas. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any losses or damage that may occur. The pool area must be cleared between each session, and all belongings must be removed
- Any matter not covered by these conditions will be determined by the Promoter and Referee, subject to ASA Laws, Regulations and the ASA Technical Rules of Racing
- Entries to this meet will be held on a computer and consent to the holding of personal information as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 will be deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry.Personal data will be available for inspection during the Meet on application to the Promoter.
- If you have any queries, please contact the Promoter: James Button, Email: email@example.com